5/12/10

That's what faith can do.

It's been too long. Plain and simple. I have missed this. Blogging is therapeutic for me. Here lies the question: where do I begin? I guess I can start with talking about what God has been doing in my life lately.

Last week, I received one of those phone calls you don't ever foresee getting. It was my dad. He had a mole removed from his arm and it was cancerous. He told me he would be having surgery to have a biopsy to see if it had spread. All I kept thinking was:

Not my dad. This type of thing doesn't happen to my dad.

I don't know if I have ever prayed that hard in my entire life. Every single day I lifted my head to the heavens and asked God to send angels down to stop it from spreading if it had. I knocked at the door of heaven day in and day out. I knew that the battle isn't here on earth, it's in the spiritual realm.

It is well. All is well. <----------------This also ran through my mind. I know that God is in control--I've known that my whole life, but this really brought me to the question: do I truly believe that God is in control? Even in the most dire of circumstances do I believe it?

Today comes and I see two missed calls from home. My heart sinks. The test results are in, I suspect. I go to a room as far away from civilization as I can and make the phone call that could change life drastically. Mom answers and shouts, "HE'S CLEAN!" We both spend the next moments trying to speak. Not being able to because of long overdue tears that now freely fall, a sense of relief washes over us like a spring downfall.

Praise God. I mean, really. Praise God. This situation at hand rocked my shaky faith to its core, and in turn, strengthened it.

This past week, I was reading throughout Matthew and the healing of Jesus kept coming up everywhere. This guy had healing down to a science. He walked around performing miracles because of the strength and power that His father gave Him. Then it hit me. That same healing power that God gave Jesus, he gave to me as well. I have the Spirit of the Living God within me. WOA. WOA. WOW. That's a powerful revelation. I mean, I have been taught this stuff my whole life, but I will say this: there is a difference between knowing it in my head and understanding it in my heart.

Folks, plain and simple this is what I am learning. God can do ANYTHING. He is God. It's a matter of jumping on the ride or not. The choice is yours. He isn't going to force you to jump-you have a choice. A free will. I've decided to jump on the ride and it is beyond comprehension. God has rocked my world in a way that I cannot explain to you. I dare you to jump on and see what God will do with your willing heart. Yes, it may seem uncomfortable and unknown. But that's what faith is all about. It's jumping when you can't see the bottom. It's loving someone after getting hurt in the past. It's living a life that is worthy of your calling.

Are you up for living life to the full? I challenge you to take that leap. Even though it may seem risky, not sensible, against what the world sees as normal, I guarantee you that it will be worth it. I am walking, living, breathing proof.

1 comment: