Beware. The blog post you are about to read is completely all over the place. Reader discretion advised.
Part 1: My attempt at a disclaimer.
People: you have to understand. Most of the time when I write, I just go with it. Let it come out. I let it flow. When I sit down intending to publish a blog post, I really have no idea what I will write about. Oh if only someone could hop into my brain for a day---and you would understand why. You totally would get it. If I could, I would write all day long. All the time. 24/7 baby. Maybe because I get so tired of hearing people blab and talk. Talk is cheap to me. Anyone and everyone can do it. Some people even make a living out of it. Not for me. I like to write. I like to be able to put my feelings down on paper. That way I can see it. It is tangible.
Part 2: Let's get ready to rumb....I mean, be random.
So here I sit. At my absolute favorite tea joint in the metro: Indigo Tea Co. I really feel like the theme song of “Cheers” plays in my head when I walk through the doors to this place. They know my face and my name. I'm not just another person in a crowd at this place. What is it about feeling comfortable and familiar that is so beautiful? Did you know that writing is one of my favorite things to do? (If that wasn't a complete non-segue, I don't know what is) Not too many people know that about me. For some reason, it’s something I have always kept to myself. I love how no matter how hard a person tries, sometimes words cannot begin to articulate or describe something that the heart is feeling. It’s unspoken. No one or no word can express what the heart sometimes feels. This is a nice segue into what I have chosen to blog about today: matters of the heart. Get ready for this.
Part 3: I throw a curve ball by making you think I will write about a topic that isn't random.
I have always been a heartfelt person. Anyone who knows me will tell you that. If I had a choice, I would let my heart talk and I would’t use words. It would be a language of the heart as a way to communicate. I am a twenty-something and I have heard that in this season in life a person is just more sensitive to certain feelings. For the most part, I would concur. Have you ever met a person and instantly had a feeling that you have known them your whole life? Even though at face value the two of you are complete strangers. Do you ever think that it could be something deeper that is communicating? I sometimes wonder.
I want to tell you what God had been doing in my life. That’s really all I’ve got. My own experience. Something I can tell you that no one can take from me. My testimony. Here goes!
I’m in a season of uncertainty. I mean hardcore. I recently felt an impression on my heart that the Lord wanted me to clear off my whole plate of what we like to call “extracurricular activities.” Really God? Everything? That’s hard. All of the things that I am involved in that seem so good I have to let go of. Here’s the kicker: God wants what is best. Not what is mediocre or average, or even good. Are you willing to lay it all down to let Him have all of you? This goes along with the concept of giving God your best, or your first fruits. Obedience. If God were to call me to give up everything that I own under the sun of this world, would I willingly give it up because I trust that I have a Maker that can do anything and everything? Or would I say, okay, God you can have everything----errr, at least this section of my life. I don’t trust you enough to give you everything. Why don’t we trust that God will provide? What is the root of it? Hear me out here. Think of your relationships as a human being. When you first meet someone, are you instantly going to tell them everything about you? More than likely not. Why is that? Because you don’t know if it’s safe, or if they are worthy of your trust. How do you build trust? You get to know that person, you spend time with them. You begin to invest and understand more of who they are.
That is the same way with God. A few Sunday’s ago, I was sitting in a coffee shop and I felt like God gave me that revelation. Honey, do you really trust me? I mean really? I thought about it. I think so, Lord. You learn to trust Me by getting to know Me. Knowing and understanding who I am. Wow. It seems so simple, doesn’t it? Then why do we make it so difficult?
So I prayed for a deeper desire to want to seek the Lord more and to get to know Him more. Every day.
Folks, I’m not just telling you this for my health, or to brag or be arrogant or whatever. I am telling you this because I am walking and breathing proof and I know that my Father is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. You too can experience a relationship with your Creator and I guarantee it will rock you to your core. I wouldn’t want it any other way. This has been an adventure that I would have never expected. God is so faithful folks, He is so good and He loves you more than you can begin to understand. He pursues you daily. Yes, you! He wants all of you. I dare you to surrender it all to him. I dare you to see what happens in your life and what He will do with you. It isn’t easy. But it is absolutely worth it. So ask yourself this question: do you want life and life to the fullest? Then jump in. It will be the best decision of your life. Guaranteed.
Now see, that wasn't so completely random after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment