9/11/10

Thoughts on a fallish saturday afternoon...

The seasons are quickly changing, folks. And so I also sense changes for me. Not sure what exactly that looks like but it's in the air. I love the season of fall. Here's what I love most about it:

the smells of fall: CANDLES. Apple pie. Chai. Pumpkin Spice. YUMM. there is such warmth and comfort in those smells for me. It reminds me of home. Isn't it odd how songs, smells and seasons in life remind you of things from the past?

I want to share with you a few thoughts on what I have been pondering lately. Can I first just ask this question: have you ever been in a season where you don't know what exactly is going on or what is up ahead? It's almost as if there are all of these question marks with no answers to complete them. It's unnerving, for certain. It's not comforting like the things that you know or the things that you are familiar with. It's the unknown. It's risky. Trust=risk. Faith=the unknown. It's truly stepping outside of ourselves into the unknown.

In this season, God continually reminds me of who He is and who He has always been to me. I just listened to a sermon and one of the main points I picked up from it is that when you are feeling lowly or down, think and meditate on who God was to you in the past. Did He provide? Did He come through in those tough circumstances? Did He show Himself faithful? I can 100% say yes to all of these questions. What a wonderful God we serve. How wonderful are the ways that He pursues us daily. It's easy to get caught in the web of getting discouraged but look upward to the Lord. Look at His face. He's got it all under control. Not just for a season, but for all of time. How comforting is that?

So as you look down the road to what is ahead remember that God will NEVER leave you nor forsake you. He loves you more than you can comprehend. He wants the absolute best for you and your life. So trust Him. With everything. He's got it all in the palm of His hand. He's the Ultimate Comforter.

No comments:

Post a Comment