Have you ever had to deal with seasons of disappointment that don't seem to let up? Be encouraged! Today's topic of discussion: peace when troubles come--regardless of what they care. Note: Keep in mind, I did the entry of this blog after the point of being completely and utterly bummed out.
This morning, I arose early to head out for a much-prepared photo shoot. But lo and behold, don't underestimate Mother winter. She's vicious. She won't relent. Even on a day that I've been looking forward to for so long. She. doesn't. care.
The fact of the matter is not so much that it was cancelled due to the weather, it's just that this whole disappointment thing has seemed to make it's home in my life. I want to make sure that it knows that it is NOT WELCOMED here. Go away!
In spite of my initial hissy-fit, I decided that it would do my no good to sit and cry over spilled milk. Even if it seemed like it was something in my life that could be a good thing. Then God reminded me: just because it's a good thing, doesn't mean it's right or the right timing. Boom. Humbling, huh? After pouting, I knew that I needed to turn straight to my Creator. Ironically, I listened to a sermon on disappointment and peace (crazy how God works like that:). The pastor talked about how when our hope lies in our circumstances that we will be continually seeking genuine peace and will never find it. But when our trust is established in Christ, we will have that peace that surpasses all understanding because we know He is in control. The other point I wanted to share was that when troubles and disappointments come (and they will come!), turn immediately to Christ and focus on Him and who He is.
So there you have it folks, dealing with disappointment on an early Sunday morning. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment